Saud 2006-08-24 19:38
I installed Untramon 2.6 on my Windows XP Pro. My graphic card is ATI Radeon EAX1600PRO. At the beginning, I had no problem. But after I rebootted the system, my resolution became 600x400 with 4 bit color quality and both cannot be changed. Moreover, the display settings gave me a message that the installed driver is an older one, and is no longer supported by xp.
To return to my old settings, I had to:
1. Uninstall Ultramon 2. Uninstall my ATI 1600 driver from device manager 3. reboot (sometimes more than once)
I only get this probmlem after installing Ultramon then reboot.
Any idea of how to fix this problem?
|
Christian Studer 2006-08-25 03:06
This seems to be a compatibility issue with some video card driver versions, uninstalling UltraMon's mirroring feature should fix the problem.
To do this, go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select UltraMon from the list, click on Change, then deselect the mirroring feature on the Customize Installation screen of the setup.
For further troubleshooting: are you using the regular ATI driver or the driver from the card manufacturer, and which version of the driver?
Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
|
Saud 2006-08-25 15:36
It worked!
It was the mirroring feature that caused the problem. I am using the ASUS X1600 Series driver of version 8.203.0.0.
Thanks for your help.
|
j2o 2006-09-08 23:11
I had the exact same problem, been searching for SO long trying to find a solution, iv only just found this post, i didnt realise that UltraMON was screwing with the drivers! after alot of hassle its fixed!!
wahooooo !!
im running the ATI X1600 DNA drivers too which seem to be MUCH better than the original drivers & catalyst control panel.
link: http://www.dna-drivers.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1473
thank you thank you thank you for posting this up ! so happy i dont have to send me pc back to the shop again!
|
|