Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two users simultaneously on one computer?
jaz   2002-08-16 01:36
Hi

Can two people share one computer, i.e. use one screen, keyboard and mouse each in a dual-monitor setup?

I have seen the following configuration somewhere (for instance at IOGear) using a custom graphics card, but I wonder if it can be done using only software and a standard GeForce4 card? Is there any card that supports this and/or has the required software bundled?

- one computer
- one GF4 card with VGA + DVI->VGA enabled
- two monitors
- one ps/2 keyboard and mouse for user 1
- one USB keyboard and mouse for user 2

-> two people using one screen each.

Regards,
jaz
Christian Studer   2002-08-16 01:47
You need something like BeTwin.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
jaz   2002-08-17 00:49
At this address, it seems like good news for me! MSI and the BeTwin company will cooperate and bundle BeTwin!

I am planning to get an MSI card anyway... :-)

regards
/jaz
Biff   2002-08-17 01:27
I'm doing exactly what you're proposing to share a couple of Bloomberg financial workstations between two seats and this works just fine.

BUT, without something like BeTwin, you won't be able to move the mouse or type in something at the keyboard at the same time. For our kind of work that's no problem, but for regular PC use (Internetting etc) it will be.
r0gu3   2002-08-22 01:08
Simple In linux, but in windows there is no good way in software (if i am wrong please correct me) to segregate the input between multiple keyboards...

- r0gu3

http://r0gu3.codices.net
Klaus   2002-10-06 18:04
Hello,
there is a pioneer in Multiuser since 1992
from Germany, they have invented the idea
of sharing a PC with several VGA-cards, keyboards
and mice. Please have a look at: www.hydrapark.com

BR,

Klaus.
Klaus   2002-10-06 18:04
Hello,
there is a pioneer in Multiuser since 1992
from Germany, they have invented the idea
of sharing a PC with several VGA-cards, keyboards
and mice. Please have a look at: www.hydrapark.com

BR,

Klaus.

PS: The IOGEAR product is also from us!
Stefan   2005-06-21 19:30
hello
you need a product like TwinPac www.twinpac.de

BR
STefan
Suzie   2008-04-16 01:22
MiniFrame have come up with a multi-user PC solution called SoftXpand that turns 1 PC into up to 8 independent workstations. Multiple workstations are created by adding sets of monitor, keyboard and mouse to a PC. Each workstation functions in exactly the same way as a standard PC- you may even run 3D games and other heavy applications.
www.miniframe.com
Jeremy Rand   2008-04-28 03:41
Is there any tool like this which will work on a 64-bit OS? Preferably Windows XP x64 Edition. None of the listed tools seem to be compatible with 64-bit, which is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Doesn't need to have loads of features, I just need the ability to have two users on different monitors, doing stuff simultaneously.

Thanks!
TKG   2012-06-21 03:50
Now you can connect 2 sets of monitor, keyboard and mouse to the same computer and have it used by two people simultaneously.
Just download softxpand 2011 duo from www.shareacomputer.com;
It runs on Windows 7 and on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Try it and let me know. Thanks.

TKG
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Two users simultaneously on one computer?