Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't Change Primary
His Dudeness   2005-09-26 07:33
Okay,

I'm running two Dell 19" Plasma monitors on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop. The Laptop is plugged into a port replicator that has both a DVI-D connection and standard VGA connection.

Since the monitors can run off of either, I have one plugged in using the Digital cable and the other with the VGA.

The system defaults the Primary screen to the DVI connection, and will not let me change it.

If I go to Display properties, right click #2, the Primary option is greyed, and so is the check box at the bottom left.

For a list of reasons I wont bore you with, I need to be able to make the VGA monitor my primary.

Any Help with this is greatly appreciated, I'm running outa ideas.

(Already tried changing the bios settings, but it's not the same as on a desktop switching between AGP and PCI as default, there is only Dock and System, and neither do anything)

Thanks,

NeedinHelp
His Dudeness   2005-09-26 07:34
Oh yeah, Sorry, the System is Running Windows XP.
His Dudeness   2005-09-26 07:52
HA HA HA!!

Figured it out. Its the Damn ATI driver settings.

Just had to reconfigure the primary by using the Display tab of the ATI advanced diolog box.

Wow.. That was a pain.
chris   2006-03-23 01:07
Using a D600 and the port replicator(Has DVI and CRT connections), I want to hookup 2x21" CRT @1600x1200. Apparently the Video card is a ATI 9000 w/32 Mb. I have concerns that the monitor connected to the DVI will only be allowed to desplay at the laptops max resolution of 1024x768. Has anyone attempted this or had experience with 2 external monitors with the D600?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't Change Primary