carlo terlizzi 2005-08-01 02:50
I downloaded the latest trial version and am trying to get cloning to work (since I have two monitors configured on my laptop I seem to have to use a third party product to do this), but when I use UltraMon to mirror the first display's information on the second display, there is a noticeable, and often unacceptable, delay.
In addition, even though I'm reading that I should be able to use two different resolutions, the image on the second monitor is not very sharp (loss of detail in the text).
Maybe I'm just not tweaking the program correctly, but right now it's unusable.
I have a Compaq Evo N610c (PIV-M 2GHz, 512MB RAM) with an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 running the primary LCD panel at 1400x1050@60Hz, and the second monitor is a Dell 1950FP running at 1280X1024@60Hz. I tried changing the laptop's resolution to match the secondary monitor's, but then both images suffer in clarity.
Any thoughts?
TYIA,
Carlo Terlizzi carlo.terlizzi@ed-soft.com
|
Christian Studer 2005-08-01 10:29
Try the following to improve mirroring performance:
- set the laptop display to the same resolution as the external monitor for mirroring. You can set the display resolution under mirroring settings
- if you need to use different resolutions, go to mirroring options and uncheck 'use high-quality downscaling'
If different resolutions are used, UltraMon needs to scale the image, which reduces image quality and performance.
When you lower the resolution of the laptop display to match the external monitor's resolution, the laptop display will scale the image, which also reduces image quality. The advantage is improved mirroring performance, due to the scaling being done in hardware.
BTW, your video card should also support mirroring, look for a clone mode option on the ATI tab under advanced display properties.
Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
|
|