Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Switching Primary Monitors
Blackwood   2005-01-31 13:41
I have been successfully using your Switch Primary.vbs to toggle the primary monitor between monitor 1 and monitor 2 but I need extra capability.

In my home theater, the monitor switching function is initiated by another piece of equipment communicating with the PC via Girder. I need a way of forcing a particular monitor to be the primary, not just toggling the current state of the monitors.

Function 1: Make monitor 1 the primary (monitor 1 may currently be the primary or the secondary),
Function 2: Make monitor 2 the primary (monitor 2 may currently be the primary or the secondary)

Is there some way that this can be done.

Tony
Christian Studer   2005-02-01 16:41
You can do this via command-line arguments, for example to set monitor 2 as primary, you would run UltraMon.exe like this:

UltraMon.exe /p 2

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Switching Primary Monitors