Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Suggestion: Maximize to desktop (Veritcally)
Mark Jerde   2004-07-07 04:38
Something I find myself doing many times a day is dragging the top of a window to the top of the monitor, then dragging the bottom of the window to the bottom of the monitor. This maximizes the height while leaving the width of the window unchanged. It would be nice if UltraMon had this feature. I suppose if you have stacked monitors you could have both "Max Height On This Monitor" and "Max Desktop Height."
I suppose the most natural mouse command for "Max Height On This Monitor" is

-- Mark
Mark Jerde   2004-07-07 04:41
> I suppose the most natural mouse
> command for "Max Height On This Monitor" is

Sorry, I made an HTML mistake. "Control" and "Double-Click" on the top bar.

-- Mark
Christian Studer   2004-07-07 08:22
Thanks for the suggestion, will be considered for UltraMon 3.

I have uploaded a script, MaximizeVertically, which allows you to do this using a hotkey.

To run the script, create a new 'Run application or script' hotkey under Options > Hotkeys.

Please note that you won't be able to restore the window to its original size using the restore button after it has been maximized vertically.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Mark Jerde   2004-07-23 05:19
Thanks, this is a real timesaver.

-- Mark
Tantalus   2004-07-24 02:12
when i try to execute the vbs file, i'm getting an error that says "Cannot find the MaximizeVertically.vbs or one of its components".

any ideas why?
Christian Studer   2004-07-24 07:54
Unfortunately I don't know what would cause this, haven't seen this myself so far.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tantalus   2004-07-24 13:38
i figured out what was wrong...

a long while back, i had disabled VBS scripting by changing the file association action.

thanks for trying to help.
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Suggestion: Maximize to desktop (Veritcally)