Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Preset Window Size & Position Window Title Button
BDMagee   2003-03-06 00:41
I'd like a title bar button (similar to max & min) that would fit the window to say the top half or bottom half of the monitor. Or, The top half, the bottom left & bottom right quarters or other similar options. The button could be a user define windows size and postion preset.
Christian Studer   2003-03-06 03:04
Thanks for the suggestion, will be considered for a future release.

It is also possible to do this with hotkeys and a custom script.

I have uploaded a sample script which fits the foreground window to the top half of the monitor it is on: FitTopHalf.zip.

To run the script using a hotkey, go to Options > Hotkeys and create a new 'Run application or script' hotkey.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
monkey   2003-06-22 23:45
Hi,
I was thinking of an additional mode to that where you could press a hot key and it would halve the size of the window. So if the foreground window was 1024x768 it would halve to 640x480 or just go to the next size down, 800x600. another hot key could reverse it.

What do you reckon Christian?
Christian Studer   2003-06-25 01:39
Will be considered for a future release.

You could also do this with a script, let me know if you are interested in a sample script.

BDMagee   2005-02-22 06:16
Chris,

Any chance you can add an feature that places a button on the title bar to launch a script (like this)?
Christian Studer   2005-02-22 06:52
I'm considering this for UltraMon 3, the idea would be to let the user define additional window buttons which could either execute predefined actions or run executables or scripts.

Robert Kantor   2009-04-14 07:38
I am trying to define scripts to move my windows to the bottom or left or right of the screen. I see how in FitToTop you have a top and left defined. How can I define a bottom ?

Thanks,
Rob
Christian Studer   2009-04-14 09:21
You could set wnd.Top like this:
wnd.Top = mon.WorkTop + mon.WorkHeight - wnd.Height

lloyd   2011-04-08 00:12
you have fit left and right half but what about fit thirds? left middle and right? then fit quarters? i tried to edit the vbs files to do this but i couldn't get the last window in place :(
Christian Studer   2011-04-08 08:30
Do you want to be able to move windows between the different monitor parts? If yes, I would recommend taking a look at the various VMonMaximize/MoveWnd scripts.

Otherwise feel free to post the modified script code, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Preset Window Size & Position Window Title Button