Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Smart Taskbar and nView
Doug   2002-04-18 12:27
Using nView's multiple desktop feature, the Smart Taskbar only works on the desktop it was started on.

If I start Smart Taskbar on one "desktop" it works fine. When I switch to a different desktop, the taskbar on the second monitor isn't displayed (the programs in 2nd monitor aren't on the main monitor's taskbar either). The taskbar will show up if I click Stop then Start from the systray menu. But then switching back to the original desktop I have the same problem, which can be fixed the same way.

If the taskbar is working in the first desktop, I can switch between all my alternatives, come back to the original desktop, and the taskbar still works fine there.

If I don't click stop first, just click start, on a desktop, nothing changes.

Is there a way to fix this? i.e. certain settings?

This is on
Windows 2000
Geforce 4 mx 440, dual output
latest nvidia drivers (28.32)
Using the registry hack located here to get windows to recognize it as a 2 cards.
Christian Studer   2002-04-19 00:48
That's an issue with nView, the problem is that nView hides the UltraMon taskbar(s) when you switch desktops. Try maximizing a window on a monitor that had an UltraMon taskbar, it won't fully maximize because the UltraMon taskbar is still there, just not visible.

I would recommend the MultiDesk virtual desktop manager, works fine with UltraMon.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Christian Studer   2002-04-19 02:58
Good news, a workaround will be possible with Beta 7 of UltraMon. You'll be able to use a script to switch desktops, the script will first change desktops, then show the hidden UltraMon taskbar(s).

I have already uploaded the script: ChangeDesktop.vbs. You'll need to adjust the shell.SendKeys line, the script assumes you're using CTRL+ALT+D for the Next Desktop hotkey.

Once you have installed the script, create a shortcut to it, place the shortcut on the Start menu, right-click the shortcut, choose Properties and assign a shortcut key.

Note that the script will only work with the upcoming Beta 7 of UltraMon.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Smart Taskbar and nView