Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> wnd.find
Les Caudle   2002-04-07 05:47
I'm attempting to resolve 2 situations that could have a common solution.

If I open Adobe Acrobat by double clicking on a PDF, often the pdf file will change the size/position of the window. So, I want to click on a vbs script and have it set back to the proper size/position.

The trouble is that every time Adobe Acrobat is started, it creates the main window with a slightly different class - always beginning with Afx:400000:8:10015:0.

I need to be able to find a window that has this partial class - but also has a title that begins with a certain text string.

For Netscape6, the problem is similar. In this case, I want to open 2 new windows of Netscape at different screen positions. There are a whole lot of MozillaWindowClass windows. Most of them have an empty title. I need to be able to combine the search for a class with that of a title. Being able to change the title of the window would be very helpful - so that I could open one, change the title, then open another searching for the default web page that it opens up.

Thanks, Les Caudle
Christian Studer   2002-04-07 06:03
This will be possible with Beta 7, I'm going to add wildcard support to the Find method.

Writable Title property will be implemented in Beta 7.

There will also be a new method, GetAppMainWindow. This method takes a process ID and then tries to determine the application's main window. Much easier to use than Find, but you'll have to launch the app yourself with Utility.Run or obtain a process ID some other way.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> wnd.find