Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help to get started with multiple monitors...
Katherine   2010-05-24 02:44
Hi,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

We have four 40" monitors each being controlled by an individual PC (1 PC per monitor), and we have three 32" monitors being controlled by one PC (using a video splitter).

Each of the four 40" monitors need to display different information (they are used for work area statistics on powerpoint).

The three 32" monitors all display the same information simultaneously (usually a welcome display for a VIP), but is different from the 40".

Because the department gets annually charged for each PC we have, we would like to reduce how many we are using. Four PC's under the floor displaying powerpoint or something equally less demanding is not only wastefdul, but it's expensive too.

I was thinking that we could use 1 control PC with a (hopefully) 6 video output graphics card: four outputs for the 40", the video splitter on the 5th output (giving the three 32" displays), the last on a standard size monitor (for control purposes).

I admit that I don't know a great deal about hardware, bu I'm guessing I need a graphics card with multiple monitor outputs for starters. So here's my question.

What do I need in order to do what I describe above? What is a practical economic solution to this?

You're help is appreciated.

Kat :-)
Christian Studer   2010-05-24 08:32
That should work fine, Matrox has an 8-monitor card, or you could get a quad + a dual card. See the Multi-Monitor Guide for more on setting this up.

To display 4 different PowerPoint slideshows you'll need software like PowerShow.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help to get started with multiple monitors...