Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Keep dialog boxes from being split across 2 screens
cyruz   2010-01-03 08:46
Happy new year, everyone.

I've Googled and searched the forums but haven't found anything helpful so I was wondering if anyone had a solution for a -I assume pretty common- problem.

When I work for instance in Photoshop I have the window stretched over the entire width of both of my screens. Any dialog buttons then show up right in the middle being equally split. It's quite annoying. Does anyone know of a fix or an option I might have overlooked so I can have the dialog boxes appear on for instance my primary monitor or at least not right in the middle of both of my screens?

I suppose if I resize the Photoshop window slightly on one side, I can prevent this from happening as the dialog windows appear in the middle of the Photoshop window which would then not be in the middle of both screens anymore... but I actually need the entire space.

ATI Radeon HD 4870
2 x Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW

If anyone has an idea, I'd be happy if they shared it with me. Thanks in advance.

- cyruz
cyruz   2010-01-03 08:48
I forgot to add something:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
UltraMon 3.0.8 Beta
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Keep dialog boxes from being split across 2 screens